If you don’t follow me over on Channillo, you will have missed my announcement yesterday – National Novel Writing Month kicked off with a bang for me – 1857 words. I’ve set myself a daily goal of approximately 1700, so that was awesome.
But, I like challenges – I like to push myself. And to do this, I decided to also do a 30 day blog channel. But I’m not stupid enough to think I can do 1700 original words on my current novel (let’s not even talk about how I’m going to shut off my self-defeating internal editor who wants to write the same words over and over, ad nauseum) PLUS two blog posts a day.
What’s the answer? Well, I post to each blog on alternate days, obviously. Yesterday, it was Channillo, today I bless WordPress with my words. Curse? Dunno. Anyway…
Yesterday, I explained the name of my journal page on Channillo – you should check it out over there. Today, it is 20 facts about myself –
- I turned 40 on 28 October…
- Despite the diabetes that I cannot seem to control, I still only feel about 23.
- I love the grey/silver in my hair
- I’m still not over the death of my father
- I am terrified of failure
- I was accepted to Southern Illinois University, and start back in January
- I don’t like to talk about myself, so this is hard
- I love my job – and the company I work for 🙂
- I love my husband more each day.
- I don’t think she knows it, but I love my mom very much
- I don’t like zombies
- I love to read
- I am fairly certain my goals of writing are just pipe dreams
- I like to sleep in, but I look forward to starting a new day
- I am sick to death of people who say we need to “get over” being offended by highly offensive things like rape culture, (making fun of) serious mental disorders, etc…
- I have a thing about my phone displaying any little numbers by my email or my settings (indicating an update available)
- Because of #16, the broken update for the Goodreads app might just send me over the edge.
- I have never read some of the “classics”
- I rarely watch movies. Name it, and it’s likely I’ve not seen it.
- I am addicted to gum. Cannot stop chewing it – although, definitely not as bad as Violet Beauregarde 🙂
And, that’s it. Since you stuck out through this absolutely ridiculous list, let me share with you a few lines from my NaNo novel…
Dusk settled over London. The day had been long, arduous. Those inclined to athletic endeavors still grumbled and groused over a painful loss to Australia. The scientific-minded marveled over Edison’s feat at Pearl Street Station in New York. And cursed his ingenuity.